Thursday, 18 December 2008
Wednesday, 17 December 2008
- LEMON TREE
- COOL WATER CYCLE SONG
- THE WATER CYCLE SONG
- WALLACE AND GROMIT: CHRISTMAS CARDOMATIC
- WALLACE AND GROMIT: SNOWMANATRON
- SESAME STREET THE ALPHABET SONG
- SESAME STREET FAIRY ABC
- SESAME STREET SIGN ALPHABET
- THE THREE LITTLE PIGS: FRACTURED FAIRY TALE
- LITTLE RURAL RIDING HOOD
These are the two ways of downloading and saving videos which we tried:
- Using Keepvid.
- Installing RealPlayer 11 Gold.
Wednesday, 10 December 2008
Monday, 8 December 2008
Friday, 5 December 2008
Some teachers have started creating their own but not all of them are complete. Anyway, it is worth browsing through this site for a while and searching for something that could be useful for a particular lesson.
This is an example:
Thursday, 4 December 2008
Wednesday, 3 December 2008
Sunday, 30 November 2008
Fractured fairy tales are usually funny and could be used in the English classroom for different purposes, especially with older students in Primary. Although the text difficulty level might be too high, the context is familiar and that helps understanding. Further activities could focus on comparison with the traditional tale or the creation of alternative scenes or endings.
This is an example on video:
And this site contains a collection of written versions.
The following presentation (source http://www.slideshare.net/USAteacher/fractured-fairytale/) gives some basic hints for producing new version of fairy tales:
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
Tuesday, 18 November 2008
Learning Page provides a good collection of classroom materials that can be downloaded and printed. Lesson plans, books, worksheets... Signing up is required.
Tuesday, 4 November 2008
It works with Internet Explorer and requires to instal some plugins. Otherwise, registration is for free.
Monday, 3 November 2008
Wednesday, 22 October 2008
Tuesday, 21 October 2008
This is an example of action maze meant to be used as an activity to practise English: Ghost Town Maze
Tuesday, 7 October 2008
Lingva EFL presents a different use of images through these activities.
Wednesday, 1 October 2008
Logos Children's Dictionary presents a selection of words in a wide range of languages. A picture accompanies each item and the words in some languages can be listened to.
Sunday, 21 September 2008
Thursday, 18 September 2008
Bilbao Fine Arts Museum has this Programa educativo. Among other activities, they offer a 'contact tour' addressed to students in the 2nd and 3rd stages (levels 3 to 6) of primary education.
Aquarium in Donostia a choice of visits that can be in Basque, Spanish, English, French and German.
Guggenheim Bilbao also organizes visits to theme workshops on the Permanent Collection, temporary exhibitions or the Museum architecture for primary school pupils.
Tuesday, 16 September 2008
Thursday, 4 September 2008
Friday, 27 June 2008
The site includes this section devoted to the implementation of CLIL in some scools in the Basque Country.
Thursday, 19 June 2008
Tuesday, 17 June 2008
Wednesday, 11 June 2008
Tuesday, 13 May 2008
Wednesday, 7 May 2008
Tuesday, 29 April 2008
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
Monday, 21 April 2008
Methodology: 'Uncovering CLIL'
'Subject-specific' vocabulary: 'Science Vocabulary Practice' (with or without CD ROM and key). Further information: Onestopclil
Wednesday, 12 March 2008
- An 'egg hunt' story related to Easter.
- A video on Youtube with the song 'Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?
- More stories.
- A website about animals, including colouring sheets...
Acknowledgement: I knew about them through the 'Angles 365' distribution list for primary teachers of English.
Tuesday, 11 March 2008
Friday, 7 March 2008
Friday, 29 February 2008
- Guess Who?
- Junior Scrabble.
- Junior Pictionary.
- Snakes and Ladders and Ludo.
- Pirate Snakes and Ladders and Ludo.
- Classic card games for kids.
- Happy Families.
- Top Trumps: Wonders of the World, Space, Egypt, Simpsons...
Using an online converter program, e.g. http://www.videoconvertx.com/.
1. Search for a video of your interest and copy the URL address.
2. Paste the URL address into the corresponding window on Video Convert X.
3. This website requests an email address. Once the video has been converted into an AVI file, for instance, they send you the address from where the file can be retreived to that email address.
4. Click on it with the right button of your mouse and select 'guardar destino'.
Using Real Player.
1. You can download the program from here and instal it into your computer.
2. Once the program is installed, enter Youtube and search for a video of your choice.
3. You should see a flap on the upper part of the video screen saying 'Download this video'.
4. Follow the instructions and save an .flv file in your computer.
5. Use a file converter online, such as Media-Convert, in case you need a different kind of video, e.g. avi, mpg...
Thursday, 21 February 2008
- Spot's Windy Day.
-Mr Bean Goes to the Swimming Pool.
- Cockroach Race.
- Heads and Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
- Whenever I Hear this Music.
- Polly, Put the Kettle On!
- Old McDonald Had a Farm or this other version Old McDonald Had a Farm
- Peter Weatherall videos.
Wednesday, 13 February 2008
Tuesday, 12 February 2008
Cuadernos de Pedagogía aldizkariaren 2007.ko abenduko aleak irakasle lanbideari buruzko hausnarketa hartzen du gai nagusitzat. Beste zenbait aspekturen artean, irakasleen hasiera prestakuntza aztertzen da. Bartzelonako Unibertsitateko irakaslea den Fernando Hernándezek, ‘¿Qué está pasando?’ monografikoan Finlandia eta Estatu Batuetako ereduak komentatzen ditu.
OHARRA: testu osoa ezin da deskargatu weborri horretatik, galdetu zure ikastetxean erabiltzailearen izenaz eta pasahitzaz edo paperezko alean ikusi.
Beste zenbait gauzaren artean honako hau aipatzen du:
“ Hace años participé en un proyecto europeo sobre la formación del profesorado reflexivo y me sorprendió que los colegas de Utrecht no eludieran la responsabilidad de decidir quién era apto para dedicarse a la docencia. Lo mismo sucede en Finlandia. Se parte de que no todo el mundo tiene las cualidades individuales que se requieren para ser docente”(Finlandia) “A la selección nacional (batxilergoan bederatzi baino gehiagoko nota izatea eta giza jardueretan parte hartua izatea) sigue otra en cada universidad en la que se busca que cada candidato dé cuenta de seis aspectos que se consideran esenciales: la empatía, comunicación y actitud social que muestran en una entrevista; dar cuenta de un resumen de una lectura de un libro; explicar un tema ante una clase; demostrar aptitudes artísticas; responder a una prueba de matemáticas y otra de aptitudes ante las TIC)
Sunday, 3 February 2008
Anyway, I'd say that the expression 'graphic organizer' acts as an 'umbrella term' for various forms of organizing information through charts and diagrams, whereas 'mind map' stands for a particular format of classifying data.
A mind map is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, tasks or other items linked to and arranged radially around a central key word or idea. It is used to generate, visualize, structure and classify ideas, and as an aid in study, organization, problem solving, and decision making. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind map
A graphic organizer is a visual representation of information in an organized manner that is intended to enhance understanding (eg, Venn diagram, T-graph, word web, KWL chart) www.instech.tusd.k12.az.us/Core/glossary/writeglossary.doc
Definition in Spanish (Wikipedia): Mapa conceptual
Enchantedlearning presents a set of choices for organizing and displaying information. Click here to see them.
These are just a few websites from the many that offer templates for different kinds of graphic organizers on the Internet:
- Tools for Reading, Writing, & Thinking